06-13-2013 I guess i need to journal about my aunt Janie today. I often think about the times she would take me, my mom, and Cathy out into some unknown roads in Texas. First of all she would drive really fast and make a huge dust cloud behind us, she hit pot holes and rocks and whatever was in the way, never any "fooling around". Then she would ask us to look for the grapes draping over the trees along the road, she said she used to make wine with her dad? so we would drive around looking for these dark grapevines in the country. I can't remember if we ever made any, but i do remember that she always kept Welch's grape juice in the fridge. Maybe that was her own reminder of some delicious grape juice.
Another story that often comes to mind is the time she took us, my mom, Cathy, and I, to find some watermelons, of course God knows where we were. She talks to the farmer and asks him how we would know if the watermelons were sweet. The farmer picked up a melon and cracked it right on his knee. Popped that watermelon in half and handed to her. I was blown away and we all sat and ate delicious watermelon and shared stories with a complete stranger.
I hope you have a story to share and I pray that we all find comfort in knowing that we won't ever stop loving them, they are watching over us and loving us from heaven.
God Bless you and keep you. Numbers 6:24 Aunt Lizzy.
No comments:
Post a Comment